Statement from the Lanchester Group
We understand the uncertainty surrounding Covid-19 and, at present, it’s business as usual – as far as possible – for customers of the Lanchester group of companies, which includes Lanchester Wines, Greencroft Bottling and Lanchester Gifts.
The UK Government has classified food production and supply chain as essential services, and announced (25.3.20) that off licences and licensed stores are to stay open (please visit Gov.uk for further details). We will continue to service these shops and stores until we are told we can’t. Greencroft Bottling will continue to fill wine with Lanchester Wines delivering it across the country. By remaining open, albeit on reduced staff, we are providing goods and services to the UK’s off trade.
As an independent, family-owned business, we very much empathise with the uncertainty this global situation has created, both for individuals and our industry as a whole. The health and well-being of our colleagues, clients and communities will always be our primary focus during these difficult times. As the global situation continues to rapidly change and we continue to face challenges to our everyday lives and businesses, please be assured we are following all advice from the UK Government and Chief Medical Officer.
- Greencroft Bottling’s already strict food safety practices have been increased. In addition, we have enforced a restricted access policy
- We have always implemented a high standard of hygiene across our sites which we are maintaining and increasing across our business
- We are following guidelines for distance working. Staff who can work at home are doing so and we have implemented team rotations. We have also re-arranged any work spaces to ensure our personnel are working at safe distances, as per guidelines
- Strategies to help staff with families have been put in place
We are reviewing the situation on an ongoing basis and working hard to ensure we are able to continue delivering the exemplary service our customers expect.
We hope all of you, your families and friends stay safe and well during this difficult time.
– Veronica and Tony Cleary, MD and Owners of the Lanchester Group of Companies